Monday, March 08, 2004

Xenia cracked it for 40 days over the weekend, and as is the Greek custom, paid a visit to the padre for a blessing. The Greek Orthodox religion/culture is full of the most beautiful images, even though the padres flock act like mangy hyenas some times.

Xenia grooved through the experience like a real trooper, sleeping through most of it. She seemed quite comfortable in Papa Stavros’s arms, and I thing God was smiling on him that day, because if Xenia had of grabbed his beared, he would have screamed to high heaven (pun intended).

I was the obligatory paparazzi, and even got a bit of a blessing myself along with Helen.

The smile factor is increasing every day, she sleeps, eats and shits, and its all good here.








Here’s the funniest thing I have ever seen. The Greek culture (so I am lead to believe) required that you smudge the child with white flour, so that “she grows old and grey”…. My mother in law did it,…kinda weird,.. ok.. bloody wierd... what will I tell Xenia when she grows up?

Look at her!! what have they done to my child!!??


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home